Gangtok, February 14: 42nd All India Police Science Congress will be held at Gangtok, Sikkim from 15th to 17th February, 2012 with focus on a dozen themes. Sikkim Police has also been selected in the first ever police conference of such magnitude being held in Sikkim.
Themes of 42nd All India Police Science Congress are as follows:
1. Police Reforms.
2. Officer oriented Policing.
3. 360º performance Appraisal in Police.
4. Police as Facilitator to resolve Minor Disputes in the Community.
5. Comprehensive Training Policy for Indian Police.
6. Emerging Challenges to Cyber security – Internet Monitoring with Specific
reference to National Security.
7. New and Emerging Technology in Police Investigation (including Forensics).
8. Police Leadership – Staying Connected in a Changing World.
9. Developing Human Resources in Police – Emerging Trends and Policies.
10. Technology as an aid to fight Left Wing Extremist / Terrorism and insurgency.
11. Best Practices & Procedure to Ensure Integrity in Police.
12. Ways & Means to strengthen Institutional Memory in Police Establishments
DGP, Sikkim Shri Jasbir Singh said that after the devastating earthquake that struck the State in September, 2011, the organisers had to give the programme a second thought but the Chief Minister Pawan Chamling promised full support. He expressed happiness to have gone ahead with the organization of the event, .
The Sikkim Police hopes to not only benefit from the organizational experience but also gain from the deliberations of the Congress on contemporary issues facing the police such as cyber crime, minor disputes, police reforms, ensuring integrity and technological up-gradations in police work. We hope to build up in all members of our force a scientific temperament and knowledge of the advancements in policing and use the same in the service of the society, he said.