The Chief Minister of Sikkim Dr. Pawan Chamling has been deeply grieved by the loss of many lives in the recent tragedy that struck Bijenbari in the neighbouring Darjeeling District, West Bengal and has conveyed his deepest sympathies and condolences to the members of the bereaved families and wished a speedy recovery for the injured.
Following his visit to New Delhi in connection with National Development Council Meeting, the Chief Minister was pleased to announce on 24th Octover 2011, an ex-gratia payment of Rs. 1(one) lakh each to the next of kin of the deceased and Rs. 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand only) each to those injured and hospitalized in the tragedy.
The following are the contributions received till today i.e 25th October 2011 for the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund:
1. Admiral R.H.Tahiliani(Retd.), Former Governor of Sikkim – 3 lakhs
2. Unichem Laboratories Ltd. Majhitar – 5 Lakhs
3. Bodhgaya Temple Management Committee – 1 lakh
4. M/s Muir Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi – 1 lakh
5. Officers & Staff of RMDD(Hqr) one day’s salary – 1,01,000/-
6. Shri Geshe Dorji Damdul, Director, Tibet House, New Delhi – 13,217/-
7. Smt. Pushpa Vijay Kumar, w/o Shri T. Vijay Kumar, New Delhi – 10,000/-
8. Shri Krishan Lal Sikri, Tilak Nagar, Delhi – 8,000/-
9. Students, NSS Volunteers and Staff members of Govt. Sr. Secondary School, Daroh District, Kangra, Himachal Pradesh – 4,000/-
10. Smt. P.V.Chinna Rani, B.T.Teacher, Tamil Nadu – 3,000/-
11. Shri S. Mehan, Sushan Lok, Gurgoan – 1,100/-
12. Shri R.L.Gaur, Manali, Himachal Pradesh – 501/-