8-year-old boy electrocuted in Sikkim

Posted on by iSikkim | Category: Featured Post Other Slider Post | 98 views | 0 Comments

Gangtok, December 18, 2012

An 8-year-old boy was electrocuted by a naked high voltage wire at Jholungey  village in South Sikkim on Sunday. The open wire is said to be Lanco hydel power project.

It is informed that Sukraj Rai was climbing down a tree when his body touched the wire electrocuting him. He was taken to Central Referral Hospital here with burn injuries. His condition is said to be critical.

Locals have accused the company of negligence as the wire was in low height. They have demanded he company to provide compensation and bear all medical expenses of the victim.

Courtesy: Sikkim Express



Leave a Reply




Is Delhi Police friendly towards the people of North East states?

  • Can't Say (100%)
  • Yes (0%)
  • No (0%)
Loading ... Loading ...