Second phase also in the pipeline for left outs
GANGTOK, February 15, 2013
The Secretary of Sikkim Rajya Sainik Board DN Bhutia on Feb 13 said that a second phase recruitment rally for ‘Sikkim Scouts Battalion’ is in the pipeline keeping in mind the upcoming board examinations. This decision, Bhutia said has been taken so that nobody gets left out.
However, the dates for the first phase recruitment rally have been fixed for March 3 and 4 in Gangtok, Chungthang and Geyzing.
“Around 450 candidates will be recruited in different posts in the first phase, Bhutia said. It may be recalled here that the Ministry of Defence Recruitment rally for local infantry force in March Second phase also in the pipeline for left outs last year had given nod to the proposal of the State government to raise a local infantry force in Sikkim, the first such force under the Ministry.
The other forces in Sikkim are the Indian Army and the other paramilitary forces such as Indo-China Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal Detailing on the recruitment process, the Sainik Board secretary said that three teams from various army recruiting offices will conduct the recruitment.
“The selected candidates of the physical tests from Chungthang and Geyzing will be ferried to Paljor Stadium for the medical tests and written examination. Special arrangements have been made by the State government for the conveyance of the candidates in SNT buses on government expenses,” he informed, appealing all eligible young boys to participate in the recruitment rally. The Board has also appealed to all the BDOs and
Gram Panchayats to aware the people of the opportunity. Bhutia also informed that candidates need not have to submit any applications for the recruitment rally but should start preparing various documents.
Candidats can also contact the Sainik Board office in Gangtok for further queries, he added.
(Courtesy: Sikkim Express)